The fifth and final of our Envato Talks series at head office in Melbourne was designed to help people become more successful online.
People have mistakenly declared the death of email many times over, yet it's thriving more than ever with conversion rates 40x those of Facebook and Twitter (McKinsey & Company).
Envato Talks featured Suzie Joukador (REA Group), Marty Hungerford (Big Red) and Envato email experts; Dan Bruce and Jade Butler, who share practical tips on how everyone from big retailers to start-ups build their customer base and revenue with email marketing.
Topics covered included:
- How to Master Email Marketing in your Business
- The importance of Customer Lifecycle and Behaviour-based Emails
- The Power of Personalisation: Using Data to Transform Your Email Communications
- The Do's & Don’ts of Email Content - Nailing Personalisation & Frequency
Here are some highlights from the night:
How to Master Email Marketing - 5 Survival Tips for Any Business
“You have only 2 seconds to get your message across…”
- Start with the right toolkit
- Know who (and what) you can email
- Modular template & content plan
- Define key goals upfront
- Monitor email health
The importance of Customer Lifecycle and Behaviour-based Emails
Customer lifecycle EDMs can help you retain customers, and increase purchase frequency and basket size, for less than acquisition.
Stage 1: ‘Get’ - Converting leads into customers
Stage 2:’Keep’ - highlighting product benefits
Stage 3: ‘Grow’ - Increase basket size
Stage 4: ‘Win Back’ - Re-engaging customers to repurchase
The Power of Personalisation: Using Data to Transform Your Email Communications
- True 1:1 conversations with your consumers can drive real results
- Segmented and behavioural triggered communications can cut through the noise.
Behavioural Communications Approach
4. Do Better
The Do's & Don’ts of Email Content - Nailing Personalisation & Frequency
- Frequency & Personalisation - Don’t be excessive
- GEO Targeting - The importance of accuracy
- Subject Line Emojis :)
- Personality - Be pitch perfect
- Embracing the Power of Plain Text
- Automation - Don’t set & forget
You can view the slides from this talk here: Dan Bruce (Envato), Jade Butler (Envato), Marty Hungerford (Big Red), Suzie Joukador(REA)
Thanks to all our attendees and supporters for making the Envato Talks series such a success!