Since 2010, people all over the world wear or display purple on Oct 15 to take a stand against bullying, and show support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth, who are particularly vulnerable to bullying.
On Spirit Day, Purple symbolizes 'spirit' on the rainbow flag. It's a way to stand out, stand up and stand together.
We're turning on the purple at Envato to mark Spirit Day 2015.
Because selfies are better when they're purple. Post an #envato #spiritday photo on Instagram and add the hashtags #envato #spiritday to enter.
There are four categories for you to theme your entry:
- Most Creative Purple Selfie
- Most Creative Use of Purple Graphic Elements (e.g. filters, layers, graphics)
- Most Creative Purple Illustration
- Most Creative Purple Workspace
You don’t need to tell us the category you are entering into. We’ll judge and select winners from the entire pool of eligible photos. For the winner of each category, you can choose one prize from the following:
- USD$50 Envato Market credit,
- USD$50 Envato Studio credit,
- or 3 months premium membership to Envato Tuts+
Be sure to read the competition terms.
Envato will donate to GLAAD for every photo shared. So get sharing and remember to use #envato #spiritday
Create stuff with Purple items from Market
We’re showing off our favourite purple Envato Market items, hand selected especially for Spirit Day.
Check out the collection!
Envato Tuts+ has created these great Spirit Day themed tutorials.
- How to Create a Furry, Purple Spirit Day Mascot in Adobe Photoshop
- Design a Spirit Day Seamless Pattern in Adobe Illustrator
- Create a Cool Typographic Poster for Spirit Day in Adobe InDesign
- How Game Developers Can and Do Support the LGBT Community
You should also check out How Tech Firms are Becoming More Diverse by Changing the Way They Recruit.
Follow the #spiritday hashtag on the web for more expressions of Purple goodness. We're proud to stand with Spirit Day 2015.
Header image: courtesy of Yulia Sokolova